Whisper

Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm BAAAACK! My daughter's wedding was last week and I have been busy crafting, decorating, and stressing over that for the past several months. She made a beautiful bride! And all my hard work paid off with a lovely wedding.
The wedding was in a church but the reception was in a large event tent in our yard. So, I got my craft on and made 8 square wooden planters that were painted navy with a gold monogram on the front. Those sat in front of the tent, planted with golden privit.
I also made the flower girl basket, the ring bearer pillow, and a card box. I'll show pictures of those later. What I really wanted to show today was that I finally finished painting a corner cabinet that I've had sitting around in the garage for a while now. I just love the way it turned out. I used Annie Sloan's Old Ochre paint, then waxed with clear wax that was blended with a dark stain. I really like the way it turned out. Take a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment