Whisper

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chevron Chair

Boy, I have been a negligent blogger as of late. I have certainly made a lot of projects but I've been doing the easy thing and just putting them up on Face Book and not blogging about them. So here I am, trying to make restitution. LOL

I REALLY like to reupholster chairs. I say chairs because I haven't gotten good enough to anything bigger. Ok, well, I have reupholstered a bench before. I am looking forward to the day when I can figure out how to tackle a sofa. Maybe someday.... But for now it's chairs, chairs, chairs.... Here's my most recent:

Here's the original chair:

I stripped the chair down to "bones". This allowed me to strengthen the springs and add more padding. The bottom pictures show the chair all ready for sale in my booth in Kansas City. I had to sit the chair on top of a table because we have so much in the booth right now. My partner and I are fully prepared for the Christmas rush of shoppers. I sure hope somebody feels like they need a nice chevron chair in their house.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a great job. I really like the shape of that chair. I just had a chair reupholstered. I don't know that I'd ever try to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loribeth for your nice comment. I have fun reupholstering chairs. I have two more that I can hardly wait to get started on. At this point it'll be after Christmas though. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It shows that you enjoy it, because your work looks professional. There are a lot of projects I won't be starting on until after Christmas. Hope your holidays are wonderful!!!

      Delete