Whisper

Friday, March 14, 2014

A beautiful antique desk

A friend of a friend was recently doing some housecleaning. She was moving from a house into a condo and she needed to get rid of a few pieces of furniture. I was more than happy to help her out. LOL

Here's one of the pieces that I purchased:

The desk needed some work and it had to be a quick turn around. I was in Kansas City visiting and I wanted to get the desk finished right away and put into my shop before I returned home, which is a 3 hour drive from Kansas City. I'm so lucky to have such great friends to let me paint my furniture at their houses and even help me as I work. Here I am in a friend's rec room painting this desk. Said friend decided to snap a few pictures to show that redoing furniture really does take some work.

One of my friends was even nice enough to help me lug the heavy desk down to the store and get it all set up! Thank you, thank you!!

Here's the finish product. Displayed in at Le Fou Flea in the West Bottoms district of Kansas City MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment