Whisper

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dressed Up

This project has taken me way too much time. Most of that time was spent trying to decide exactly what to do with this chest of drawers. Do any of you do that too? Just think and think and think about what you should do to transform a piece of furniture? I had a solid wood dresser with dove-tailed drawers and what I thought were some pretty fine details to work with. It had a maple finish on it.... blaaa. Here's what I ended up with: After completing the chest of drawers I was inspired to sturdy up a library table and strip the horrible varnish off. It should be ready to paint tomorrow night, after a little more sanding. After that I started on a cabinet. I took off some peeling veneer, patched some holes and added some legs. I'll be showing more on those transformations if they turn out to be "blog worthy." LOL Have a good rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! Found you on Power of Pinterest, and am now following your blog. Don't you love furniture makeovers?! I'm doing a few projects myself this weekend. That's a pretty shade of blue you picked out. Have a great weekend.

    Shandy @ Aprons 'n Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shandy. Yes, I love furniture makeovers. Such fun. Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete