Whisper

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's a terribly hot day here in Kansas. And I felt the heat as I worked on projects. Since I was doing some spray painting I had to be outside but luckily I worked on the patio below our deck so it was totally shady and not too extremely hot. I finished up a couple of projects today that I want to share. I'll be taking these items in to our booth on Friday night.
The first is this little bench. It started as just raw wood and there were some of those ugly heart cut outs along the back. I began by attaching some bird cutouts over the hearts. Then I spray painted, then used some chalk paint by dry brushing it on, then waxed with dark wax. It came out looking rather distressed which is what I wanted. Plus, I think the wax will allow someone to use this outside. I can envision it with a plant on the seat and sitting on a patio or stair.
I had alot of fun with this little table. I love working on projects for kids. A friend who quit our booth sold me this colorful table. It had been in the booth for a few months without selling, so I decided a re-do was in order. I found a little school chair to go with it and then simply spray painted both the chair and the table the same apple green color,then painted on a chalkboard top. I can see some little kid spending hours happily drawing on the top of this table.
My last project for this post is the nightstand redo. I found this nightstand at an auction. It was homemade so it's very sturdy. But boy was it dirty. I cleaned off all the spiderwebs and scrubbed it good. Then used Annie Sloan's chalkpaint in Duck Egg to repaint. It was then distressed and waxed. I had to paint the handle too. I like it much better this way! I'm also working on two chairs. They are painted and waiting for me to upholster the seats. I really went with a wild color! I am loving it so far. You'll just have to wait for the next post to see the color and fabric I've chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment