Whisper

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Reflections on 2012

Well, it's almost the end of the year. That's a great reason to reflect upon how I spent 2012. I'll have to say that 2012 will be a year that I will always remember. Several VERY special things happened in 2012 ... life events that I will never forget. 1 -- In the spring I learned that I was selected to be a Grosvenor Teacher Fellow and would travel on an Arctic Expedition with National Geographic and Lindblad Expeditions. I had a FABULOUS, educational time exploring Arctic Svalbard. Thanks to Google and Oracle who were also sponsors for this trip. There I saw seals, walrus, numerous birds, Beluga & Fin whales, and polar bears. I was also able to experience and learn about climate change first hand. I also traveled to Washington D.C. and Dallas with National Geographic. First, to D.C. to prepare for the expedition and then to Dallas to share about the expedition and the ocean curriculum we've been working on. This was a life changing experience; and one where I met some fabulous people from around the globe.
2 -- Our youngest daughter, Haylee, got her RN at the end of 2011 and got a great job as a nurse at a hospital at beginning of 2012. We're so proud of her.
3 -- Our oldest daughter, Lindsey, moved back closer to home in July, and then we had her wedding to Tom on September 29. The wedding was in a local church but the reception was in an event tent her in our yard. It was a very special occassion that left us all with tons of memories.
In addition to these three events, there were many more wonderful times spent with family and friends. It was a wonderful year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment