Whisper

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Well, it's been another busy day but I did dedicate a little time to crafting. Yes, even on the 4th of July. I got my craft on BEFORE the fireworks. Of course, not thinking ahead like I'm prone to do, I didn't remember to take any before shots. I promise I will get better at this as I go on. Heck, I just figured out how to load a header today too. Baby-steps will get me to a better blog, right! So, I had picked up a small bench, child sized. It really wasn't too bad except for the three cut out hearts along the back. That look was in for a while, I think back in the 80s, but it's definately out now. So I glued a cabinet inset that I happened to have on hand over the cut outs. Then I painted the entire bench a soft yellow and stenciled on a couple of birds. Oh, also the piece was distressed.
I also quickly made a couple of pillows. I really love the fabric, it's colorful and summer appropriate.
Our house sits on a hill so the view of the fireworks is very good from our front porch. I really enjoyed the city display. I know in this picture it looks like we have a tree on fire, but those are the fireworks behind the tree going off. I was just too lazy to get up and move someplace else so that the tree wasn't in the way. This view was good enough for me.
By looking to the west I could see the city firework display very well. For some reason I turned to look east and I caught a beautiful view of the almost full moon. This picture doesn't do it justice because it was actually looking quite yellow. But the moon was just framed so nicely between the columns of the front porch and the trees that I had to take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Kim ~ I really enjoy your blog. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete